Tuesday, October 26, 2010

YOU are a superhero to someone!!!

*To the MOOOOOOOOOON!*

Today, we got to spend the day with the fantastic and mighty St. Mary's superheroes! It was so refreshing to be back at the school with the kids after our little break. Wednesday's are the longest, toughest days so the time we get to spend at St. Mary's at the end of the day is like a breath of fresh air!

This young lady taught me much more than Irish Step dance :)


I got to spend a lot of time getting to know young Mo today. She is truly a thirty year old in an eight year old's body. ADORABLE! She taught me a lot about the power of a young mind and a young spirit. She was enrolled in Irish dance (which she so graciously tried to teach me) and could talk your ear off about theater and singing and playing the piano. She was almost worldly in a way. I look forward to meeting her again next Wednesday - when she is dressed as a teenage Elphaba!


A true SUPERHERO!
I would also like to take a minute and comment on Justin. I personally did not get to witness this - but the picture says it all. ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE. This is what we strive to get from our kids - this undivided, unfaltering attention. When we acquire this... we open an eternal portal of teaching opportunities - and, not only the physical education opportunities. When the kids look up to you like this you become a role model. This allows you to easily and even subconsciously teach them about life, respect, and becoming a positive role model themselves. I hope that we're all a Justin someday!

1 comment: